Friday, October 19, 2007

Tadpoles are easy - young frogs on the other hand...


I fed the tadpoles on boiled lettuce leaves and they sucked the flesh off it. They were also fed fish food that they just couldn't seem to get enough of. That bucket load of tadpoles soon started growing legs and arms. The changlings were moved into a an aquarium where they had easy access to land.

I had read that they needed 10% of there body weight in live food. I spent such a ridiculous amount of time stalking and catching flies and other insects to feed the young frogs, I felt like I had become half frog myself!

I loved watching the froglets stalking the crawling insects, before leaping with open mouths and a stubby tongue to gobble their prey. But much to my frustration they simply didn't show any interest in the easy to catch slugs and snails on offer and ignored the mosquitoes which seemed to instinctively know just to keep still.

No comments: